Gravity determines a lot of your downhill riding experience, and for 2013, Shimano has put together a range – M820 Saint to satisfy the adrenaline junkies out there who need increased stability. Presenting to you the M820 Saint:
Strong, Durable but Lighter – The most reliable DH race crank
New Saint Hollowtech II cranks are hollow forged Duraluminum, creating a lighter weight crank set with an axle that is 250% stronger than trail options and an arm that is double strength.
- Strongest HOLLOWtech II
- Strongest steel axle in Shimano
- Steel pedal insert
- Lighter 4 arm & gear
- Comes in a variety of specs, ie. 68/73mm, 83mm
10-Speed Rear Derailleur ups the standards in DH rear derailleurs
- SHIMANO Shadow RD+ Short Cage manages chain slapping nor dropping
- MTB 10s system stable against cable contamination
- Silent bump stopper – A Saint specific, high durometer urethane bump stopper (between the RD and the dropout) was added to reduce impact noise
- Durable Super wide link – Serves as the backbone of the DH parallelogram.
- Low-profile skid plate design
- Mode Converter – Easily adapts between two settings for MTB cassette gear ratios and road.
The new chain control and silencing technologies in the new RD-M820 are a game changer for gravity riding.
Race proven ergonomic shifter
- Reduce shifting effort with longer levers (+5mm)
- Low friction Multi bearing
- DH race proven antiskid ergonomics
- Vivid index feeling – Reduces base shifting effort by up to 37%
- Full spec function – Instant release quick shift; Multi release (push x 2, pull x 1); 2-way release
- MTB 10s right side only
Instant, effortless shifts create a whole new paradigm for the most durable, gravity-ready drivetrain on the market.
ICE Technology makes it cooler
The new Saint disc brake featuring the ICE Technology, ingeniously reduces heat and improves performance through multiple combined features.It boasts of its all-new advancements in both heat control and drivetrain stability.
- ICE Technologies heat management
The new SM-RT99 Ultimate Clad rotor is a significant performance enhancement reducing heat by 50 degrees, creating 20% more stopping power, 20% less brake fade and 20% longer pad life.
- High power 4-ceramic piston caliper with lighter short servo wave lever
- Ergonomic antiskid lever
- Free stroke & tool less reach adjust
- Easy and clean bleeding – One way bleeding caliper
With the brilliant ICE Technologies, you can now go even more aggressive on your DH riding with a higher level of heat stability.
New Saint hubsets
- Lighter Bearing construction
- Anti-loosen lock nut – Centerlock mounting for alignment and braking efficiency
- Quality sealing – All weather rated with top quality sealing, adjustable angular contact bearings, and precision ground, integrated cone construction, these hubs track straight and roll true.
- Cup and Cone – Angular contact bearing; Adjustable bearing
- Available with 20mm axles up front and 12mm axles in 135, 142 and 150mm configurations.
New Saint flat pedals
- New wider (+3mm), lower profile (-8.5mm) platform
- New style replaceable pins
- Market proven axle durability – PD-MX80 retains the durable, smooth rotating axle and concave ergonomic platform that made the MX30 a legend.
- Concave platform for long ride comfort and pedaling efficiency