Tern to Show Off New Low-Step Frame Platform at Fall Shows
“Swoop” frame design optimized for urban cyclists wanting improved convenience
TAIPEI, TAIWAN – August 13, 2012 – Urban transport specialist, Tern, is introducing at Eurobike its new Swoop series of bikes that feature an ultra low-step frame design.
“The most distinct feature of the Swoop is the super low-step frame that makes it really easy to hop on and off the bike,” stated Matthew
Davis, Tern sales and marketing director. “That just makes it so much more convenient for all kinds of riders, whether you are a commuter who has to navigate lots of stairs and curbs, if you’re older and have lost some flexibility; or even if you favor short skirts as your cycle wear of choice.”
The Swoop top tube is only 28 cm (11″) off the ground, making it one of the lowest step bikes on the market. The Swoop has several additional features that make it ideal for urban cyclists.
- Low center of gravity — the extremely low center of gravityenhances stability. Less experienced cyclists will certainly appreciate this stability and the confidence that comes from being able to put both feet on the ground when necessary.
- Shorter, 170 mm cranks — reduces the angle knees need to bend for a rotation of the pedals.
- Upright riding geometry — the shorter reach and higher bars result in a more upright riding position for less stress on arms and the neck and the ability to be seen over cars.
- Integrated light and dynamo hub options improve safety for the commute home from work or pub-hopping on weekends.
- Optional front rack and an integrated rear rack make the Swoop suitable for runs to the supermarket.
- The Swoop folds in less than ten seconds so it can be easily used with trains and buses and can be stored inside to prevent theft.
The Swoop will be offered in two configurations: the Swoop Duo and the Swoop D7i.
The Swoop Duo is a cleanly-designed bicycle that represents Tern’s vision of the ultimate in simple urban transport. It features the SRAM Automatix hub, which shifts gears automatically – no cables required. MSRP: €770 – €870
The Swoop D7i features a Shimano Nexus 7 integrated hub for a wider gear range and low maintenance convenience. MSRP: €900 – €1,000.
For more information, contact the official distributor of Tern Bicycles at email@example.com.